Day Light Savings Changes 2014
Day light savings is hereeee….
Panic stations! Don’t panic!
Many of you have been emailing over the last few weeks worried about early morning wake ups, I feel this is our children getting ready for day light savings.
If you are one of those people on Sunday you will be able to simple get your little one up at 7am (old 6am time) and FINALLY you have the allusive 7am wake up we all aspire to!
If you already have a 7am wake up you can do the below strategy as of Wednesday and get ready for Sunday, this is more important for babies under 9 months old who struggle with over tiredness.
Or you can take Sunday at your sleep in! Your 7am baby will suddenly sleep until 8am and you can enjoy your first sleep in of the year.
Then start with your changes on Monday – just try to keep track of what day you are on.
If you have a toddler or even baby struggling with the lighter mornings, check out the websites below for black out solutions and sleep trainer clocks for your toddlers.
Emma is the owner and founder of Baby Sleep Consultant, she is a certified infant and child sleep consultant, Happiest Baby on the block educator, has a Bachelor of Science, and Diploma in Education. Emma is a mother to 3 children, and loves writing when she isn't working with tired clients and cheering on her team helping thousands of mums just like you.
Our Baby Sleep Program helps tired parents TO DEVELOP HEALTHY SLEEP HABITS BY FOCUSING ON NAPS, SETTLING AND NIGHT SLEEP.
- Empowered: Feel empowered as a Mum as you learn to understand your growing baby's needs and cues.
- Simple effective settling: Gentle, proven self settling, evidence based techniques.
- Content happy baby and parents: Better sleep creates content babies & happy parents.
- Freedom: Predictable routines and longer nights creates freedom. Solve your sleep problems for more freedom.
- Work with your babies circadian rhythm: Work with your babies biological clock for faster easier results.
- Awesome naps & nights: You'll create consistent naps and nights with our support.
Try our online sleep program, complete with FREE email support.
Let us know if your baby doesn’t cope with the change, or you need some help with sleep in general we would love to help.
How did your little one cope with the change?