Get Sleep Help for your Little Ones
Sometimes we need a little help with our Little Ones SleepHave you been wondering if there is a way your little one can sleep better than they currently do?
Perhaps your little one is cat napping or won’t settle for their naps? Are they waking over and over at night. Or is your little one still struggling to settle in the evening?
We all want the best for out little ones but when they don’t sleep; well the entire house suffers! Mum is tired, baby is exhausted and no one knows what to do.
If your little one is cat napping chances are its because of one of these 3 reasons, or maybe all 3!
- Over tired – over tired babies tend to wake after 45 minutes crying and therefore need your help to get back to sleep.
- Under tired – if your littleone isn’t awake long enough, then they might also wake up and be unable to go back to sleep after one sleep cycle. Check out the free routine you can download below. If you don’t have any success once you try our routines, then check out our consults, let us solve your cat napping for you.
- Unable to self settle – If your baby is not yet able to self settle, then chances are they wake up and as a result need your help to go back to sleep. Check out the e-guide below if you are ready to teach your little one to self settle.
Baby not settling for naps
Is your little one still not settling for their naps?
Are you having to rock them, or hold them or walk them to sleep?
These are all normal ways to get our newborns to sleep, but after 3-4 months we can start to back these off and slowly teach our little ones to settle them selves more independently.
We can try rocking less, holding less or walking less, or we can try some sleep training if we want this process to go a little faster.
Teaching your baby to settle themselves for naps has a big list of advantages!
- Your baby can settle to sleep faster independently.
- They can re-settle themselves after 45 minutes and take longer naps.
- Plus your little one will also be able to put themselves back to sleep at night when they wake up if they are not hungry.
- And your little one will be able to go back to sleep when they wake at 5am, on their own.
- Not to mention you baby will easily settle into a predictable routine, and your days will be a lot less stressful!
You can begin working on these self settling strategies for your little one as soon as you are ready. Try our e-guide below for a gentle way to do this, or work with one of our talented consultants.
Little one still waking at night?
Is your little one waking numerous times at night?
While this can be 100% normal for newborns as they are hungry and need frequent feeds, once your baby is out of this stage we can expect 1-2 wake ups until 6 months.
If you are experiencing more than this, and wondering if anything can be done?
The answer is yes!
Somethings which will help your baby sleep better at night are listed below.
- A consistent bed time routine has been proven to help your baby sleep better at night, and cry less.
- Ensuring your baby is not going to bed over tired, download our free nap routines for your little one above and see if some extra day sleep helps with your nights.
- Teaching your baby to settle them selves will make a huge difference to the way your baby sleeps at night. Those who are rocked, fed, dummied or held to sleep tend to wake after a short period looking for these activities to put them back to sleep. Try changing the way your baby falls asleep with our no cry it out sleep guide, or book one of the team for a private consult.
- Introduce some positive sleep associations such as white noise, sleeping bags, and most note worthy lovies. These will help improve how much your little one sleeps at night.
Emma is the owner and founder of Baby Sleep Consultant, she is a certified infant and child sleep consultant, Happiest Baby on the block educator, has a Bachelor of Science, and Diploma in Education. Emma is a mother to 3 children, and loves writing when she isn't working with tired clients and cheering on her team helping thousands of mums just like you.
Our Baby Sleep Program helps tired parents TO DEVELOP HEALTHY SLEEP HABITS BY FOCUSING ON NAPS, SETTLING AND NIGHT SLEEP.
- Empowered: Feel empowered as a Mum as you learn to understand your growing baby's needs and cues.
- Simple effective settling: Gentle, proven self settling, evidence based techniques.
- Content happy baby and parents: Better sleep creates content babies & happy parents.
- Freedom: Predictable routines and longer nights creates freedom. Solve your sleep problems for more freedom.
- Work with your babies circadian rhythm: Work with your babies biological clock for faster easier results.
- Awesome naps & nights: You'll create consistent naps and nights with our support.
Try our online sleep program, complete with FREE email support.